USPV utilizes two forms of biometric security to ensure your identity and privacy:
All USPV customers gain access to the vault by their individual iris scan.
- Extraordinarily accurate due to the uniqueness of irises.
- Safely identifies your iris using a specialized camera (not a laser) which mathematically encodes the iris information.
Hand Geometry Recognition
USPV uses the hand geometry scan as a backup in case of severe damage or loss of eyes, as well as to identify the owner of a box (as opposed to additional persons the owner has granted access to their box).
- The hand reader reads the shape of the hand, not the fingerprints or palmprints.
- Your data is encrypted in a way that it may only be used to verify access to your box, not identify you.
- It scans with an invisible light of the type used in TV remote controls.